Our journey...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Perspective

SIL went into the hospital this weekend.  She's at 24 weeks and had gone into labor.  Fortunately they were able to stop it for now, but one of the babies' sacs is leaking.  Its a slow leak and the sonograms to check fluid levels all showed safe levels around the babies.  Their heartbeats are strong and so far everyone is doing well.  SIL will remain in the hospital until they are born, which hopefully will not be for several more weeks.  The next few days are critical - if she goes into labor again, they have to deliver.   I guess it has something to do with the medicine they gave to stop her labor - its really dangerous for SIL, and they can't give her any more doses or give any other drugs because of it. 

Our checkup last week was great - baby had a nice, strong heartbeat.  We also got to set up the appointment for the BIG ultrasound.  They do it right at the Drs office, so it will be nice to not have to go anywhere else.  I am planning to take at least half of the day as vacation because I will probably be so excited I wont be able to concentrate anyway :)  Only 22 more days....not that I am counting ;)

DH is going this week to talk to his friend that is a car dealer to see about trading in DH's car for something else.  His current car is rear-wheel drive, which means it does not move in the snow.  At.All.  We have to share a car when it snows.  It is not really a big deal right now, but once the baby is here I really want to not share a car.  It will be more of a hassle, and if something happens I would not be able to leave work to go get the baby.  We would not really trade up, just look for more of a lateral trade.  Hopefully his friend can help us find something that will be baby-friendly, and able to drive in the snow!

I went shopping for dresses this weekend for DH's work party, and was sadly disappointed.  I went up 3 sizes, and still could not get things to fit right :(  I apparently have grown a lot more than I thought, and not just in my belly.  I have a few more weeks to keep looking.  I found a casual dress that I like and I did buy it, but I think I will be returning it and saving the money for the formal dress if I can find one.  This is going to be a challenge, for sure!

No comments: