Our journey...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Menu Monday!

Since I went shopping tonight, I figured I would post my menu so I have a place to look back at it.

Monday - Taquitos & salad
Tuesday - Pork chops, potatoes, asparagus
Wednesday - Breakfast for dinner (eggs, bacon, juice, waffles)
Thursday - Roasted chicken, rice, broccoli
Friday - Pork tenderloin, potatoes, veggie (asparagus, broccoli, green beans - DH's choice)

DH is not going to be happy about the broccoli or the asparagus, but it looked too yummy to pass up.  If he really protests, he can have some green beans while I eat the other veggies.  I am craving green veggies right now so I am trying to get a good amount each day.

I was able to get to the store & buy food for us for the next 2 weeks for less than $75 :)  That made me pretty happy.  There was not really time to go from store to store, since all of the stores were packed.  Apparently the "Great Snow-pocalypse" is coming to the area.  It was weird to see all the shelves in the store so empty!!  Surprisingly enough though, the produce section was barely touched.  I was able to get plenty of fresh fruit & veggie options.  The frozen section was almost completely empty - pizzas, dinners, etc were cleared out.  Kind of sad :(

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

We've been eating a lot of asparagus lately too.

Hope you stay safe during this upcoming Snow-pocalypse.