In just 28 days, we will hopefully be finding out the sex of this baby! In some ways, that seems really fast. But, it also feels like FOR.EV.ER away too. I have a lot to do in 28 days! At work, I have a whole training class to finish up before then.
I broke down & got some maternity pants last night. I found a great consignment store in Lee's Summit that had an ok selection, and was able to get 2 pair of pants for $30. For dress pants, I thought that was a pretty decent price. I am still looking for some dark-rinse jeans, but I think JCPenny has ones that will be good for work & casual (more trouser-leg than bootcut). My sister gave me several tops to wear, so I might be ok for awhile. The only issue is that I need to find a semi-formal dress for one of DH's work parties on the 18th of Feb. I have not found a maternity little-black-dress that I liked. Hopefully I can find a non-maternity dress that has a high-waist that will work out well.
On the debt paydown front, DH and I are doing pretty well this year. In a couple more months we should have some bills paid off, and start in on the maternity leave savings. Once that's done, we will start saving for our trip/s to NM to go see his grandpa. I want to go in April, and then again in October if we can swing it. If not, we will just go in October to make sure the baby gets to meet DH's grandpa. Should be a fun trip!

2 comments:
don't understand the black dress issue. you're barely showing yet so why can't regular black dress work for you? even in 3 weeks you won't be that much bigger. it's only after you get past 5 months when you really need maternity wear.
I can't wear any dresses that I own. They are all too tight across the middle already. And this is a pretty formal affair - my sundresses wont cut it at all!
Post a Comment