Our journey...

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nothing really

Nothing too exciting has been going on lately.  Just waiting on the mail to get here so I can finish up some shopping for the week :)

Its been nice & dry here for the last few days, so Miss Lucy has been getting to go out & play in the backyard more.  She loves being able to run around & not being cooped up in the house, so that's helped her out.  We also have been spending more time at home, and that's helping too. 

On Thursday we get to go see a pic of the lil' one :)  I am starting to get excited, but part of me keeps thinking they will tell me something is wrong.  Ughgh, I think I worry too much.

At work we start our training classes on the 18th.  We were supposed to start on the 11th, but they let us push it back a week (YAY!).  That will last through March, and then I might have to be training April-June too :(  We got copied on an email that I don't think we were supposed to be copied on, and it said something about bringing in temps.  UGHGHGHGHGHGHG.  I seriously HATE temp classes.  We usually start out with 18, and if I can finish training with 5, its a good class.  Its a hard job, a very detailed & involved job.  Its not your normal call-center position at all.  So people just are not willing to put up with it for the amount that we pay the temps (especially once they start talking to the perms & find out what they make).  Most people stick with it until the last week of training - I am guessing so they get paid for those 6 weeks, and then they quit right before they have to actually do the job.

The day when I can quit that job will be one of the happiest days in my life.  Nothing like feeling you are constantly banging your head against a wall....

5 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I'm so sorry the job sucks :( Is there a way to make it more fun?

Sam said...

I think looking forward to my 12 weeks off at the end of it is making it a bit more tolerable this time :)

Nd.chic said...

I'm excited for you to see the pic of the baby. Just try to look at the bright side of your job. :)

Mrs G said...

Hey Sam-
I can't remember if you have RiteAid in your area. If you do and you get the wellness card(just like CVS card) there is a Huggies Video Values, watch the video get coupon for instore, you can combine it with regular huggies mfr Q's, and I'm sure there will be a deal on diapers this month. Just thought I'd mention it.

American Dreamer said...

I am so excited for you.