On my errands out tonight, I looked down to notice that my car had just hit 90,000 miles. Of course I had to pull over & snap a quick pic, 'cause I am a nerd :) (See - the speedometer is safely at 0mph - learned that lesson trying to get a 60,000 pic :P).
When I bought my car, it had just under 20,000 miles on it. So I got to thinking....where has 70,000 miles taken me?
- At 20,000 miles:
- I had a different last name
- I was 6 months out of college, working my first job at Target, and had just earned my first promotion.
- My sister and I had an apartment. In Independence. We were so cool (and really, really stupid! LOL!)
- I had just started dating someone. My first grown-up relationship.
- I got a puppy. A little rascal named Stanley.
- At 30,000 miles I moved across town into my own apartment. Behind K-Mart on Bannister. (I really don't know why my dad ever let me live alone in those places! I cringe driving past now!)
- At 35,000 miles
- I became an aunt for the first time :) JoJo and I took rides around town when I would babysit him.
- Stanley had to find a new home :( He HATED kids, and I couldn't risk him biting my nephew. He found a great place though, with some people who love him a lot and spoil him to pieces!
- At 40,000 miles I got Miss Lucy :)
- At 50,000 miles, I got engaged....but broke it off at 55,000 :(
- Got new tires!!!
- At 60,000 miles, I met DH. The car actually hit 60,000 the weekend before I met him. That's when I tried to take that 60,000 mile pic....pretty stupid move when you are still driving (yep, lesson learned, and no one/no objects were hurt in the taking of that pic).
- At 75,000 miles we got married :)
- And now, at 90,000 miles, we are expecting our first little one.


4 comments:
I hate to do this, but...doesn't 90K minus 20K equal 70K instead of 60K?
Don't worry, though. It's just the LO eating your brain cells. It happens to all moms sooner or later.
Haha, I fixed it. I swear there are days when this kid subsists solely off my brain cells.
It's cool that you know what happened at what miles. Good thing that you pulled over to take the picture :) The next 10,000 miles will bring a lot of good changes for you and DH.
How funny, Sarah! Vince's 1989 Celica hit 200,000 miiles on our way back from his parents' house Tuesday! We also took a picture of it.
Post a Comment