Our journey...

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I got caught!

Well, one of my co-workers was pretty quiet & popped into my cube to ask me something.  I was wearing my sea bands & didnt have enough time to pull my sleeves down.  I can't lie worth anything, so when she asked me I admited to it.  Guess I am going to have to spill the beans there soon, before the rumor mill does it for me!

I had the Dr appointment today.  I couldnt' remember which office I was supposed to go to, so I called before I left for the appointment (bet you can guess where this is going).  Of course I showed up at the wrong office!  So then I had to rush across town to the other one.  Luckily the nurse was really nice about it & still fit me in, even though I am pretty sure it made her short on her lunch break.  Whew!

They drew blood, and they are running the normal tests plus a couple extras just to make sure things are looking like they are supposed to.  I got all kinds of info, vitamin samples, and even pre-registration forms for the hospital.  They asked me to pick which one of the two I wanted to deliver at.  Talk about being put on the spot!  My sister has delivered at each one, so I guessed the one that I thought was the nicest.  I can always change my mind later.  That one just really threw me for a loop.

I begged & pleaded for an early u/s, but it is a no-go :(  I have to wait a whole 20 days before I get the first one :P.  I should be almost 11 weeks by then, so that will be a great time to take a peek anyway. 

Other than the nausea, things are ok.  Sleeping is a crap-shoot.  Sometimes I sleep well, others I toss & turn all night long.  Which makes the next day that much worse.  My belly is already pudging out a bit :(  My sister kept a bunch of clothes for me, but she's about 4 inches shorter than I am, so the pants won't help out much.  I did get a Be-Band though, so I hope that helps extend the pre-preg wardrobe a bit longer. 

In other news, check out my SIL & BIL on the local news!  Honestly, I am half-expecting the Dr to tell me we are having twins.  And that seems completely manageable right now!  LOL.

4 comments:

FuturePlanning said...

Yay, sounds like a good appointment! I had my first ultrasound right at 7 weeks, and all you could see was a little bean shaped baby. You can barely make out where the head is. It was still awesome to see the little bean, but you can see so much more detail at 11 weeks.
Congrats again to you and your DH!:)

Jenny Free Style said...

Yay!!! Check out Forever21's new maternity line online. I got there version of bebands and the worked great! (And were like half the price!) They don't have a lot, but its really cheap!

spaghetti0625 said...

Hahahaha, I had NO idea what SeaBands were so I checked them out online...good thing for them huh? Do they work?

That's great that the nurse waited for you...I guess it's in their nature to have a heart for patients, esp prego ones :) yay!

American Dreamer said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I am excited for you!