Our journey...

Monday, December 20, 2010

Moving on....

I can't control how my mom acts.  I can only control how I react to her.  Lesson learned: don't tell mom ANYTHING until the whole world can know.  Lesson two: if she asks about the IL's, politely tell her that our interactions with them are none of her business, and its inappropriate to ask.

DH is really shook up about the whole thing.  My littlest brother is 18, and thinks he's bad-ass.  So he sent my DH some vulgar/threatening texts.  LOL, not like the kid could ever follow through on any of it.  I told him to stay out of issues that were not his, but of course to an 18-yr old, everything is his business.  So now DH is worried that DB will start something at Christmas.  My take?  Eh, let him.  DH is not going to fight him or anything like that - we would just get up & leave.  Got to love 18-yr olds and how they know everything....especially that little drama queen.

Oh well.  As far as I am concerned the issue with my mom is over.  Lessons learned, people forgiven, lets move on.  Things won't ever be the same, but we can all go forward.  I sent her a couple fun texts today to see how she was doing, and she replied like everything was fine.  Works for me.

------------------------------------------------------

Last night I woke up at 3am, CRAVING garlic bread.  I could taste it...I was dreaming about it...I HAD TO HAVE GARLIC BREAD!  Then I saw the clock & realized it was 3am, and there was no way I could get it that late.  I almost started to cry!!  LOL, it was pretty funny.  So after work I went to the store to get some (since I thought about it all day long).  I also wanted some juice - but I could not make up my mind on what kind to get.  So, I got:

Orange Juice
Apple Cider
Egg Nog
Cranberry Juice (x2)
Ginger Ale
Milk

DH just made fun of me as he brought everything in.  Other than the cranberry juice, I got the smaller sizes so I wouldn't be wasting anything.  The juice is fine for awhile as long as its un-opened.  I already had 2 giant glasses tonight :)  I also bought a TON of oranges and grapes, and that's what I ate for dinner.  I swear, this kid LOVES oranges.  Its the one thing I can always eat no matter how I feel.

Only 8 more days until the next appointment!!  I am still not too excited about this pregnancy yet (not that I am upset or anything - just not really sinking in yet).  I hope seeing/hearing the LO helps.  And, I only have 2.5 work days left until Christmas break!!

No comments: