Our journey...

Friday, December 17, 2010

Time to eat better

I have been slacking quite a bit on eating healthy lately. I hardly ever eat at McDonalds, but right now I CRAVE cheeseburgers like nobody's business (seriously, from what I have seen on the pregnancy board, their food is like the nectar of the gods for preggos :P)!! But, its really, REALLY not good for me, at all. And its definitely not good for LO (btw - we still need a good nickname...DH keeps shooting down all my ideas). My food aversions are starting to subside, so I guess now is the time to get back on track.

I am trying to find some good resources on organic foods. To be honest, I am not sure I quite buy into all the hype. I know there are items where it definitely makes a difference, and there are items where it does not matter as much. I have been slacking on the GF diet now that it does not make me as sick right now, but I am noticing that I don't feel as well when I do eat gluten-containing items.

Of course, just googling for information brings back more than I can wade through. I can find one site that says I should never eat anything but purely organic, and then find another that says its all bunk. Does anyone have reputable, un-biased sources to recommend?  I already watched Food, Inc, and it made me never want to eat again (until I passed by McDs & had to run in for two cheeseburgers :P)

2 comments:

FuturePlanning said...

I called ours baby Succubus until we found out what gender he was b/c he just drained all the energy out of me! Yeah, I know, not the most endearing nickname for the little guy, but I meant it entirely out of love :p

joyce said...

I have three grown children and I always ate whatever I wanted. I think the key is like everything else, moderation. I had a milkman with the first, and he had the best doughnuts, I ate a dozen of them a week! (and gained 40 lbs!) So, eat a balanced diet, take your vitamins, and it won't hurt to give into your cravings!