Our journey...

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Home alone :(

DH got up this morning at 4am to leave for his business trip. Even though he tried to be quiet, I still woke up. He came in the room to tell me goodbye & I just started bawling. Cried for a good 30 minutes. Oh geez! I am NOT an emotional person usually - most of the time I cry when I get really, really, REALLY mad, and then it makes me even more mad that I am crying. But now it seems like just about anything can make me cry :(

I hate being here by myself now. I have gotten too used to DH being around. So my little bro is coming to camp out at my place tonight :) Not sure what we are going to do, but it should be fun. My parents don't have cable, so I think he will enjoy getting to watch TV when I zonk out at 9pm too :)

The nausea is more infrequent now, which is great. The round-ligament pains have started. O.U.C.H!! I rolled over in my sleep & just had sharp, shooting stabbing pains. It woke me up & I started crying (LOL, of course I did). I can still button one pair of jeans, but have resorted to using rubber bands for the other pairs. I have a feeling I am just going to explode :(

Work is going ok, but I am having the hardest time concentrating on what I need to get done. I have a bunch of curriculum updates to do. It is by far the least favorite part of my job. I detest it. So I have put it off as long as possible. Now I have 4 working days left this year to get it all completed & sent out to the print shop. And yet...I keep finding more reasons to put it off. If I don't get with it, I am going to have to bring home my laptop & work through my "vacation" time :( I do this every time we have a class. You would think I could have learned my lesson by now. Maybe I am just hoping that I can transition over to the new position permanently & not have to do training any more :P That would be great!

2 comments:

spaghetti0625 said...

Aw, I hope you feel better about DH not being home. But try to cherish the alone time if you can before baby comes. Just YOU time, it can be a blessing in disguise :)
AND, try to write a list each day (end of the day, beginning of the day) at work to try to get everything done before your vacation. I find it works when I do it, but then I slack, and I find that's when I slack at work too LOL

American Dreamer said...

I always hated it when my DH traveled also. But have fun with little brother.