Our journey...

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Making Plans

DH and I have been able to talk about things here & there over the past couple of days. I have decided I don't want to deliver at the hospital where I had DD. There's a nurse there that I know and I really just don't want to deal with her. The other hospital I can go to is a Catholic hospital, which I am hoping will mean they will be more sensitive with these issues. We live right between both so it does not really matter which one I go to.

I got a picture frame with a hand-print kit this weekend. The kind where it has the clay on one side and a picture on the other. That way I can keep a hand & foot print close along with a picture of our sweet girl. I am starting a hospital bag and this will be the first thing to go in it.

I have also started crocheting a blanket for her. I've been taking pictures of the process with my belly in there. Aubree has been happily kicking along as I crochet. Aly climbed up and grabbed part of the blanket and snuggled it up to her face. I think she approves of her little sister's blankie.

We still need to talk about our preference for funeral arrangements. DH just refuses to talk about it, which is fine. I want to buy some outfits for her, but I want his input so he feels like he had a choice as well. I know I tend to be the analytical thinker, the planner, while he is the more emotional one. It's comforting to me to make plans because I can actually be DOING something. But I don't want to railroad all the decisions and not let him give input or make choices.

Last night as we fell asleep, DH laid his hand on my belly. Aubree responded with two strong kicks. It was the first time he had been able to feel her move from the outside. Thankful for every moment that we can get.

No comments: