The second round of amnio results are in. This one tested all pairs of chromosomes. The doctor compared it to looking at a set of encyclopedias. In this round of testing, they were checking to make sure all of the volumes were present. All 23 pairs of chromosomes were accounted for with no trisomies or obvious deletions. This is good news :)
The last round of tests will look into each pair to make sure all the appropriate pieces are there. This can be compared to looking into the individual volumes and making sure all the pages are there. They are hoping to have these results in by the end of the week or the beginning of next week. The fact that we've passed the first two rounds is great. The chances of finding something in this next round are about 1.5%.
Once all of the results are in we can proceed with a referral to the pediatric cardiologist at the fetal health center. The geneticist did say that the maternal/fetal specialist had a very pessimistic outlook for Aubree even without genetic issues because her defects are so severe. But I really want the consult with the actual cardiologist to see what they have to say. Not that I doubt the first doctor, but I have to know if we even have a shot.
So we have the test results but I feel like we still don't know anything.
**ETA**
My insurance website sent me an alert that the EOBs from meeting with the specialist were available. HOLY CRAP. I think it's safe to say we probably hit our $5,000 OOP max just with that visit. I am completely overwhelmed at the cost to just sit in the Dr's office to visit! Over $2,000 just for the specialist. That didn't include the ultrasounds, amnio, genetic testing, or anything else.

No comments:
Post a Comment