Five months of the year down. I can't believe we are already to the end of May! So far things are looking ok. We've been able to keep up with the medical bills received so far & not gone backwards, but that will probably change next month since I am pretty sure we just hit our OOP max in one month instead of over several like I had anticipated. At least we will get it out of the way early, huh? I will start with the CCs:
Slowly but surely still chipping away at these. We have halted to minimum payments for the forseeable future on these. Most of it is at 0% until next June (2014), so I am not in a big hurry. We will get the med bills settled first then come back to these. But even the minimums are getting us over $400 per month in progress, so we are still moving in the right direction.
We have a couple of trips booked for June. One to Chicago to meet FIL's side of the family, and one to NM to see MIL's family. Those trips are already planned & paid for
We are doing really well not using the CCs so far. I do plan to pay the medical bills off with the CC since we are having them come in from several different places. It will be easier for me to track them if I use the same payment method for all, and then pay off the CC as those bills come in. Even then, I have been saving money back to pay for these bills so hopefully we can cover them and not really go backwards too far.
We are down to three "CCs" - two 0% balance transfers, and one that is more of a loan than a CC. We are hoping to be able to pay the loan off completely in July when DH gets his quarterly payments. That will free up $250/month in payments and get rid of the last item incurring interest on that list. At the very least, we want that one paid off by September so it is done before Aubree gets here.
Next week I can post the remainder of the May updates. That should be pretty exciting since we will make a left-digit shift and get pretty close to our $10,000 mark!
1/1/2013 start $24,500.00
5/20/2013 current $17,752.77
Total Paid = $6,747.23
Slowly but surely still chipping away at these. We have halted to minimum payments for the forseeable future on these. Most of it is at 0% until next June (2014), so I am not in a big hurry. We will get the med bills settled first then come back to these. But even the minimums are getting us over $400 per month in progress, so we are still moving in the right direction.
We have a couple of trips booked for June. One to Chicago to meet FIL's side of the family, and one to NM to see MIL's family. Those trips are already planned & paid for
We are doing really well not using the CCs so far. I do plan to pay the medical bills off with the CC since we are having them come in from several different places. It will be easier for me to track them if I use the same payment method for all, and then pay off the CC as those bills come in. Even then, I have been saving money back to pay for these bills so hopefully we can cover them and not really go backwards too far. We are down to three "CCs" - two 0% balance transfers, and one that is more of a loan than a CC. We are hoping to be able to pay the loan off completely in July when DH gets his quarterly payments. That will free up $250/month in payments and get rid of the last item incurring interest on that list. At the very least, we want that one paid off by September so it is done before Aubree gets here.
Next week I can post the remainder of the May updates. That should be pretty exciting since we will make a left-digit shift and get pretty close to our $10,000 mark!

1 comment:
I wouldn't say that you're going very slow at all. You're cruising right along. Good work.
Post a Comment