Our journey...

Monday, May 6, 2013

Preliminary Results

The amnio results come back in stages. The first stage tests the most common abnormalities (13, 18, 21, and sex). The geneticist called to day to say we passed all four of those!! We will have to wait another week for the other 19 to be tested. I guess abnormalities in those are much more rare at this stage in the game since they are mostly incompatible with life. But since we've already hit incredible odds with the defects present at this point, I still am holding my breath until we hear for sure.
 
I am sitting at my desk with a clear view out my window of the Children's hospital, the place where I could potentially deliver this little one. For the first time since last Wednesday, I feel like we may have some hope. We are 20 minutes away from one of the best pediatric cardiac places in the country. And at work, I am less than 5 minutes away. And the hospital just added delivery suites for high-risk pregnancies so that the babies don't have to be transported after delivery. Much easier to make mom move around ;)
 
We also found out the gender today. DH and I decided to name this baby as soon as possible to help us bond with the baby. Something about the whole process just seems more real once you put a name to those cute little faces. It's going to have to be a pretty important name.

2 comments:

Nd.chic said...

When you decide on the name, will you share with us? Very good news on the normal abnormalities. You are very fortunate to be so close to such a good pediatric medical facility.

spaghetti0625 said...

You found the gender....and you're not telling us???? :)

Glad to hear you are at least getting some good news :) Yes, you definately need to scour the baby name books for some good names!