Our journey...

Monday, June 3, 2013

21 weeks!

We've made it to 21 weeks! (don't mind the messy room in the background!) Aubree is still kicking and moving around like crazy. And, as you can see, my belly is really rounding out and I am really looking pregnant now. I've been working on a blanket for Aubree. I got half-way through and ran out of yarn. When I went to get more, I found out it had been discontinued. I was so sad :( None of the stores around here had any left. So I took to the internet and was able to find two skeins of yarn that matched perfectly. Whew! Here's Aubree helping me with her blankie:
We went to Chicago this weekend to see DH's family. It was quite the eventful trip. On the way there we narrowly missed the path of a tornado, but unfortunately we got stranded on the interstate for four hours due to downed power lines from the tornado. We didn't get to our hotel until 2am, which means DD was up until 2am because she does not sleep in the car. Thankfully the trip got much better once we arrived at our destination. It was wonderful to see family and spend a few days with them. The trip back was long and boring, but thankfully there were no storms. DD did really well in the car for 9 hours and only started to melt down about 20 minutes away from home. She was so excited to see her bed tonight :) She ran right to the crib and thanked me when I put her in it.


1 comment:

Nd.chic said...

You look so cute pregnant! 9 hours is a long ways in the car. It sounds like your daughter did very well.