Our journey...

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Defying the odds

Seems like just yesterday we were finding out the horrible news about our little baby. But as I look at the calendar I realize it was nearly 8 weeks ago! Almost two months have passed and Aubree is still hanging in there, defying the odds. As of Sunday we will officially reach 24 weeks - the age of "viability" and the point  where there might be a chance of helping her. We have an appointment with the specialists again on Monday morning. Hoping for better news this time, but no matter what I will enjoy the time we get to spend watching her. I will never forget how much she moved around at that last ultrasound - throwing her little tantrum and trying to get them to stop poking at her. She is still really active, especially after I eat something spicy :)

So for now, we continue our waiting game. And enjoying watching my belly move as she kicks and flips all over, seemingly unaware that she wasn't supposed to have made it this far.

2 comments:

Sense said...

Oh this is so nice to hear. :)

Go, Aubree, go!! What a strong momma and daughter.

I am wishing, hoping, praying for you and your family.

Nd.chic said...

You hadn't posted for awhile so I was worried. Glad to hear she's still kicking away.