I feel like our time with Aubree is coming to an end soon. She's been considerably less active yesterday & today. I still get a kick here or there but not like I had been. I all of a sudden feel the need to have everything ready for her RIGHT NOW. We went shopping today and I bought some preemie outfits and a doll outfit (in case the preemie ones were too large). I still need to get one size smaller on the doll outfit, possibly something in the 10-12'' range. Since I really have no idea what will fit her I am just keeping the tags on everything and we can decide at the time what we need, and then take back what we won't use. I started packing the hospital bag so we have everything close by and ready to go. Just need to wash her blankie and get it in there. I am working on a blanket for a co-worker's baby that I hope to finish this weekend so I will just wash those two together. I also want to get a little lovey or something that we can keep to remind us of her. I looked at several this weekend, but again nothing seemed right. Maybe I will make a tiny one out of the same yarn I used for her blanket.
We've made it 22 weeks. I hope we have several more, but I am just not sure. I have decided on what tattoo I want to get when I am no longer pregnant. I've wanted to get a tattoo for several years now, but nothing seemed right and I didn't want to settle for something that wasn't meaningful to me. I am going to take some paper along with us to the hospital to get a good handprint and footprint from Aubree. I want to get her footprint tattooed on my side just below my ribs, since that's where her little foot has been hanging out for the last week. Aly always liked to keep her feet there too - must be a really comfortable spot.

5 comments:
I will pray for you all.
Your idea for a tattoo is unbelievably sweet. God bless you and your family.
I think maybe she was just resting. I swear, as soon as I posted this she started her acrobatics and has been going strong all day. I am enjoying every moment!!
Aww, glad to see your comment that she was just gearing up for her acrobatics. What a strong little lady! The tattoo idea is so special. :)
The tatoo is a great idea! Great spot, great tattoo piece, everything!
Glad she is back to her normal acrobatic self again!
Post a Comment