Our journey...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stocking up!

And the diaper stockpile continues to grow (or, it will soon!).  So far I have 3 boxes of size 3 diapers.  Since most kids don't get into size 3 until they are about a year old, I won't be getting any more of those.  But, next week they will be having another sale.  Huggies packs will be $4 each after coupons & EBs.  Works for me!  I plan to get another 6 packages, in size 1.  I found a stockpiling guide on one of the coupon forums, so I am roughly following that for stockpiling the sizes (although, I really doubt I am going to go get 35 packs of size 2's!!).  I probably won't have time to hunt down the deals as much as I do now once the kiddo is here.  These are cheap enough that if our kiddo can't use them, I will just pass them along to SIL :)

Today my sister & I went shopping.  I was able to get a pair of work-appropriate maternity jeans, three shirts, and two pairs of boots for less than $80.  I was happy with that since I needed new jeans and definitely am starting to need new shirts.  Lil' one is starting to make his/her presence known!!  And, my last pair of boots were $15 Payless specials that lasted through three seasons.  The shoe store we drove past was having a big clearance on all of their winter shoes.  I got a pair of dressy brown winter shoes, and casual boots to wear with jeans for $30 :)  That's my kind of clearance!

5 comments:

Mary S said...

My daughter started in 3's around 8 months and is still in them at 13 months and will be for awhile. I typically cloth diaper but use them for travel. From what I've heard they're in those the longest.

Mrs G said...

Hey Sam just wanted to let you know about a deal I saw with Amazon on diapers. I read about it on http://www.whodoesntlovecoupons.com

amazon also has the Amazon mom "discount" shipping or free shipping membership thing you might want to look into. It looked like a decent deal maybe you could share with your sister in law. And don't forget you can use swagbucks amazon giftcards too :) Gotta love freebies

Unknown said...

My son went through NB, Size 1, and Size 2 fairly quickly. He started size 3 at around 6 months and will probably be there for some time. Right now, he is 19 lbs at 9 months. This was the size I thought I stocked too much, but ended up running out after about two months, so now I'm paying more than I would like.

Pubbler said...

If you need new clothes, check JCP clearance. My store had a ton of clearance items for $2.97 & $4.97 each. Also look for 15% off survey Q online. I bought 13 items on Friday (used a 10/50 Q) and paid $43.xx (incl tax). Savings was $481.xx. I love shopping end of season sales. You might find good clearanced baby clothes too.

Amiyrah said...

Sam,

I would keep stockpiling the size 2s. I followed HCW's chart to the "T" and we ended up using all of the size 2 packs. We actually could have used 1 more, but I just decided to start her on the size 3s early and have them be a little big.