Soon there will be a baby crib here. But until we get to that point, I am stockpiling diapers in the room :) I am using a stockpiling guideline from HCW to get a good guestimate for the number of packs we will need. Here's where the stockpile stands:
Size - Suggested amount - (What I have)
Newborn - 2 packs - (2)
Size 1 - 10 packs - (10)
Size 2 - 15 packs - (15)
Size 3 - 35 packs - (22)
Size 4 - 35 packs - (0)
Plus I have 8 tubs of wipes, and I should be able to get some more over the next couple of days. A HUGE shout-out to Miss Frugalsuz for sending me the $2 coupon for the diapers, and some $2 peelies on the wipes.
I am going to stock up the rest of the Size 3s and get some more wipes during this sale. That should easily last us a year and give me plenty of time to find another sale before the Size 4s are needed. I know that this won't match our baby's needs 100%, but it is a great start. For around $1/pack, its a gamble I can afford to make :)
In other news, DH has some awesome meetings all lined up for the next few days. Its great that things are starting to make progress, but I can't wait for some of these cases to finally close! Just one or two cases will give us the breathing room we need to keep going forward. My goal for next Monday is to get our taxes done & filed. By the estimates we should get back quite a bit, which could replenish the EF. YAY!


6 comments:
oh holy crap! I wish you lived near me so I could pay you to stockpile for me or just go with me!!
have you thought about reusable diapers? it's much better for the environment - won't create a mountain of trash just from one baby. not to mention less chemichals touching baby's skin (no matter what they say but disposable things have lots of leaking BPA that would rub off on baby's skin) and cotton is much safer option.
Jenny - I would love to do it. DH absolutely refuses though :( Honestly from what I have seen, its pretty much a wash anyway - the benefit from using the reusable diapers is pretty much negated by the fact that I would be washing 3-4 more loads of laundry per week, and we are on coal-electric.
This really wasn't a battle to fight over for me, so I gave in & I am just trying to find the best deals that I can :) Hopefully for the next kiddo I can transition to being a SAHM, and then we will definitely do the CD route since I will be the one changing 99% of the diapers at that point.
did you only have to use one $2 coupon from the infant care book or one for each pack of diapers?
-mb
One coupon - since its a store coupon it attaches to each package that you buy :) And most cashiers will give your coupon back so you can keep using it over & over.
That stockpiling chart from HCW saved my life! I used it before duchess came and I am still using the diapers I stockpiled then. I haven't needed to shop for any since. And, I'm only stocked up to size 3. I decided to stop at 3 and see how she will grow and I'm glad I did. She's growing tall but not fat, so she will be in size 3s for a while. We may not even get to 4 before we start pull ups. The walgreens diapers are really good too! We used the ones that were on clearance when the changed the packaging and they worked better than pampers!
Post a Comment