Our journey...

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Setbacks :(

I am really starting to loathe this "2 steps forward, 5 steps back" game.  SERIOUSLY!!!

DH got a bill for $1300 at work, that has to be paid within the next two weeks.  He does not have any checks coming through before its due, so we have to pay it out-of-pocket.  After some juggling, raiding savings, and honestly just complete luck we figured out how to pay it.  Our EF is gone, but oh well.  Time to start building it back up I guess.

Except that the car window broke today, and we HAVE to get it fixed.  Looks like it goes on the CC.

I just want to cry :(  I know this won't last forever, and setbacks happen.  But on days like this I really feel like we are trying to drain the ocean with a spoon.


*************ETA**************

I just opened up my work email to shoot a message to my boss & let her know that I will be in late tomorrow since I have to go to the repair shop first thing.  And I found an email - the company met our corporate goals, so we are eligible for raises & bonuses!!  Oh my goodness.  I don't want to get my hopes up, but this could be just what we need to keep things going.

DH and I really are blessed.  Every time something seems too big for us to handle, something else amazing comes along and smooths it out again. 

2 comments:

Nd.chic said...

I know that you don't want to hear this but have you set a time limit on how long your DH will do this job without making at least so much. I understand that he's working hard but there are other options available.

I'm pretty sure that I know what he does and it's a doggy dog world in that industry. I do something similar but with more options. You could always e-mail me if you want more information.

Sorry, not trying to sound harsh.

Sam said...

We have discussed it. At this point I can't make him do that, but he does have something else lines up and he is willing to move if I tell him its time. The later part of this year should get better, but if not we have discussed having him move on.