Last night I could not sleep well. Because my closet was dirty, and knowing that it was dirty was seriously bothering me. Oh boy - bring on the crazy preggo lady!! I had always laughed when people told stories like that. Now I COMPLETELY understand!!
I had today off work, so I slept in a bit late (7:30 is late now - man I am old!). I got up, put in my contacts, and got right to work on my closet. I grabbed the box of trash bags from under the kitchen sink and went to work. I started by pulling out all the empty hangers and throwing them on my bed. Random side story - trying to pick up said hangers later is like trying to play a game of "A Barrel of Monkeys". But not nearly as much fun. Then I started in on the clothes. Anything I don't like to wear, does not fit me well, or that I have not worn in over a year went into a bag. That filled up two large black bags!!!
Then, it was on to tackle the junk on the floor of the closet. I could hardly see the bottom of the closet when I started. All kinds of junk - crocheting items, random bags, mis-matched shoes, etc. Again, if I didn't like it or if I have not touched it in a year, out it came & into a black bag. There goes another full bag! By this time the "trash" bag was filling up too. Then I started on the shelf. Same rules applied, and almost everything came down off the shelf & went into a goodwill bag or the trash bag.
Since I knew DH would be mad if I was lifting, I carefully dragged all five bags into the living room & started piling them up by the door. Then I went back & cleaned out my dresser & the linen closet (another goodwill bag). Then I went into the baby's room & started cleaning out a stack of drawers (another bag!), and I cleaned off the desk we are getting rid of. My mom was awesome & came over to take the trash bags (3) out to the curb, and loaded up the goodwill bags (6) to go drop them off for me.
I went back to my closet, and mopped the floors & scrubbed out the baseboards. I am so glad to say my closet is now officially very, very clean! And for the first time since DH has lived here, there is actually plenty of room in the closet for his clothes too (right now all of his stuff is in the baby's room). Want to see?
The shoe-rack was found sitting out to the curb as I drove through the neighborhood awhile back. Yay for a free find! The closet goes back about five feet to the left, so DH has plenty of room for all of his stuff now.
Now on to the rest of the house....I need more days off work!


4 comments:
oooo I sorta cleaned today too but I have not tackled the closet!! I should go do that...
The closet looks great! It was good to finally meet you, and thanks for the desk (which, at the moment is still in the back of the van...LOL!)
wow! that is a clean closet. very nice!
Annie - it was great to finally meet you too :) So glad the desk will work for you, and so happy that you came to take it away!! :)
Post a Comment