Our journey...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Its a baby...

GIRL!!!


And now the fun begins :)  She actually cooperated & let us take a picture of her this time too.  She kept trying to cover her face with her hands, but fortunately for us we can just see through those hands by turning up the machine a tad bit more.  It was kind of weird to watch on the monitor & see her hands disappear, and then re-appear. 

Now, we have a few more things to get done:
  1. Settle on a name.  **ETA** Done!! Alyvia Kate!!!!
  2. Decide to paint the room or not.  I like the blue, but the walls are a bit scuffed.
  3. Install carpet.
  4. Assemble the furniture
  5. Decorate the room
Getting closer & closer :)  I am just excited to be able to call her "her", instead of "baby".  Makes it seem so much more personal.

9 comments:

Mrs G said...

What a beautiful name!
Congrats!

Mrs G said...

Send me an email at Coupongreengirl@gmail so I can get your address to send those baby Qs your way.

Annie Jones said...

Congrats! Baby girls are so sweet...but, of course, I'm biased since I have a daughter and a granddaughter.

Will Alyvia pronounced similarly to Olivia? Or is it said another way?

Sam said...

It's pronounced the same way :) but DH likes that he can call her Aly as a nickname.

Pubbler said...

Aww that's a pretty name. If you're able to get the early edition of the Sunday paper (on Saturday), then you can get Pampers for $2.49/pk at WAGS this week. Pampers $8.99 - $2 Baby booklet Q, - $2.50 Man Q. OOP $4.49 get $2 RR. HtH

Sam said...

OO, Pubbler, I can get the early edition one town over. Thanks for the heads-up! I need to go grab a couple of packs to roll some RRs I have :)

Shelly said...

So happy for you! Alyvia Kate is an adorable name.

Pubbler said...

You're welcome! I've also posted scenarios for free huggies on my blog.
Thoughts & prayers are with your SIL & the babies.

Tanya said...

Congrats - I'm so happy for you!!

BTW - did you read about the Pampers wipes deal on Amazon.com?? I just ordered 2 boxes (about 20 pkgs.) and will be paying less than $14! I thought this was a great deal and stock up price on wipes :)