Baby brain has struck again. When I was pregnant with DD I messed up our household checking account pretty bad and over-drafted several times in a week. Not cool. I cleaned it up with some juggling and serious belt-tightening for a month or so. I thought I had built things up to where that *shouldn't* happen again. I diligently track every penny spent out of that account and reconcile all transactions several times a week. So imagine my surprise when I stopped by the bank today to withdraw money, only to be told by the teller that the money was not there.
WHAT?!?!?
I just left the bank and went to work. I couldn't even think straight and didn't want to mess anything up. So on my break I pulled up my account online and verified what the teller had told me. Then I pulled out the spreadsheet I use to track to see where I went wrong. Fortunately I found out nothing was wrong. I was just at the bank two days early since payday isn't until Friday and it is only Wednesday. I feel dumb now.
The good news is that I got everything sorted out and we should be able to have all the funds in order before we have to pay our taxes. Whew!! I will need to pull some money off our line of credit until DH's check comes in this month. If we don't get it paid off this month then I will have to add to our totals for the first time this year :( That's motivation enough to get it paid off!
In other news, my energy is finally returning. I've been able to keep up with cooking dinner & keeping the house picked up for almost a week now. Amazing how much better I feel with the clutter under control. I still need to find some motivation to get back into working out regularly. My old jogging buddy doesn't want to jog with me anymore and I am completely unmotivated to go on my own. And doing a DVD workout when DD goes to bed is the last thing I really want to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment