After a couple of minutes she stopped and said "Well, do you have time to stick around for an ultrasound to check for viability?" My heart sank. I know how that goes. So glad DH was with me because I almost started crying right there. So we went back to the waiting room to wait for an opening with the ultrasound tech.
The whole time we were waiting I felt like I was somewhere else. I couldn't form complete thoughts or sentences. I just wanted to lay down and cry. DH kept telling me it was going to be just fine and got me a coffee to help pass the time.
An hour later we go back for the ultrasound. The tech got me ready, squirted the warm gel on my belly, and started her search to see what was happening. We saw a tiny little peanut-baby :) Two arms, two legs, big head and little belly. But most importantly - a nice, strong heartbeat at 134 bpm. Immediately I was so relieved and, again, almost started crying. Damn hormones. When we had an early ultrasound with DD she was moving so much they couldn't even take a picture! This little one laid perfectly still and let us check out everything. The ultrasound tech said that baby looked perfect, placenta and cord were perfect, fluid levels were right on-track, and everything lined up date-wise. And we even got to see a little wiggle of his arms & legs, then he went right back to just chilling out.
They tell me this is a baby. Haha! Baby is laying on his side with head to the left, hand up by his face, and torso to the right (with the spine on the bottom).


2 comments:
What a relief! What were you going to say...that you didn't have time for an ultrasound?
Haha, I know, right? I just texted my boss to tell her I would be in later than I thought because my appointment ran over (which it technically did). I wasn't going anywhere until I had an answer.
Post a Comment