We are officially into the second trimester :) And boy, can I tell. My "morning" (aka: all day) sickness has subsided for the most part and my energy is returning. I was glad to have the opportunity to finally clean our house after slacking off for the past couple of months. I've also planned out a menu for this week and shopped for all our food. Much better than eating cereal and telling DH he's on his own for food. I think DD will be disappointed that she has to eat what I cook & can't just pick some cereal, fruit cups, and a string cheese for dinner ;) But hey - we all survived!
Our next appointment is still two weeks away. Seems like forever! I know it will be here soon though. Nothing too fun at that appointment, but we should get the opportunity then to schedule our big 20 week ultrasound for the end of May. Yay! We are planning to find out the gender as long as baby will cooperate. I am too much of a planner and want some time to get things ready for this little one before he/she arrives. If it is a girl we should be pretty set. If it is a boy then I will have fun at all the local consignment sales and garage sales this summer getting stocked up. Clothes would be the main thing we need for a boy, and definitely the most expensive. Being able to hunt down the deals this summer would be really nice.
Right now I am in that weird "is she getting chubby, or is she pregnant?" stage. I am in maternity pants now for the most part and have been for awhile. I still have a couple pairs of low-waisted capris and a pair of skinny jeans that fit below my belly. I bought one pair of maternity dress pants but I am hoping to live in dresses once the weather finally warms up. I am trying to eat pretty healthy and make sure that I drink enough water each day. So far I've gained 6lbs, which seems like a lot considering baby only weighs a couple ounces at this point. I am aiming to keep my overall weight under 150 this time. Now that my energy has returned I hope to get to the gym a few times each week and get out to the park with DD. And just having the strength to get up off the couch should help too.

3 comments:
I am 9 weeks and I will be so thankful when my energy returns. Its kind of funny that you say that about cooking. We had cereal for dinner tonight😊. 6 pounds isn't bad at all. I gained 60 with my first. I've only gained 2 pounds so far this time because I've paid much more attention to it.
Nothing wrong with cereal for dinner! Hopefully your energy returns soon :) Have you told DD that she's getting a sibling yet?
I third the 'cereal isn't a bad thing for dinner' train either! There are times now that I'm like 'ugh, I'm so tired, do I have to cook!?' Third trimester tiredness has arrived. DH has been a great sport. If he knows I'm tired he won't say anything and cook a little something for me when he gets home from work (after 8pm at night no less!). But I do hear it when we are out and about though. I haven't had to buy maternity pants yet...I've been wearing NY and Co. elastic pants...I have some smalls and mediums, and they work just fine for work. At home, it's sweats or those yoga pants...and I bought a few dresses too that I can wear pregnant or not pregnant, so that works.
I can't wait to find out if your LO is a boy or a girl!!!!!!
Post a Comment