It POURS! Holy cow, we have had some powerful storms over the past several days with more to come. The storms have brought down several large branches and millions of tiny ones. The tiny sticks + the buds from the trees have combined forces to clog up our gutters and the drain on our driveway. Oh fun :) But with the drain on the driveway clogged, that water has no where else to go but into our garage.
Yep - whole garage flooded the other day. I've been meaning to get in there & clean it out for months now. DH and I had decided to do it in a couple of weeks when the weather got nicer. Well, it looks like we will have to wait a bit but the decision of what to keep or not has pretty much been made for us. So now we have to wait for nice weather to get a trailer over here to load up and take to the city dump. And the hazardous waste site. And the lawn waste site. (Side note - why can't those all be in the same place????)
One one hand I am sad that we waited too long to clean things out. We had some stuff that could have been donated and now it has to be trashed. And I am afraid that several of our childhood mementos will be lost if the boxes are where I think they are. But, I am glad to have an excuse to just shovel everything out in one fell swoop and to get my garage back. We have to clean it out soon as I can already smell the mildew growing.
Guess I have a good start on my cleaning & decluttering effort for this summer :) My goal is to have all of our stuff organized and accessible before bambino arrives in October. We have a tiny house, but that is no excuse for clutter. It just means we need to be more discerning about what we keep and what we get rid of.
And in other news, we have a realtor coming by the house on Saturday at 9am!!! YAY! I am so excited. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they think we can sell and get the heck out of here.

No comments:
Post a Comment