Our journey...

Friday, March 25, 2011

YAY!

Doing a happy-dance over here.  Our taxes are DONE.  Federal, KS, and MO :)  After going round & round with Tax Cut (the program I have used for YEARS), I was getting frustrated beyond belief because it was kicking out a bunch of stuff related to DH's income.  This is the first year I have really dealt with these kinds of forms, and Tax Cut was not helpful.  At all.

One of the lovely people over on the "Not MSN" boards suggested I try Turbo Tax.  Boy howdy - that made all the difference!  I was able to do all three returns in under two hours.  And, since I first went to their link through MyPoints, I get a bonus 592 out of it :P

Our refund is not what I had thought it would be through TC, but that's ok.  I feel confident that this is the correct amount.  I had adjusted my withholdings so that we would come out with as small of a refund as possible.  Overall, we had to pay one state, but we get refunds in the other two filings.  Net result (after paying for TT services) was $575.  Works for me :)  I am direct depositing it straight into our savings account for maternity leave.

It is just such a relief to get this done.  This has to be the latest I have ever waited to file my taxes!!  I was seriously starting to get worried about it!

1 comment:

spaghetti0625 said...

Welcome to the Turbo Tax club :)