Our journey...

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Busy day :)

Today my mom & I went shopping for fabric for the baby's room.  We didn't find any to purchase this time, but we did find some steals!  And, mom paid for everything (I tried...she wouldn't let me.  So I bought her coffee).  Here's what we got:
  • Bookshelf for the canvas bins I talked about earlier.  It has three cubbies (and I have three boxes!).  I measured one of the boxes, and they will fit perfectly.  Cost for the shelf: $7.49 on clearance.
  • Large pink glass vase.  I plan to get some clear marbles to fill it 1/2 way, and then put in some bright pink & white artificial Gerbera daisies.  Cost for the vase: $6 (1/2 price sale).

  • Large pink metal butterfly to hang on the wall over the glider. (Notice the grey - that's the new wall color in her room)  Cost: $6 (1/2 price sale).

  • 25 yds of ribbon to trim out the curtains, and to make ties for the crib bumpers and canvas bins.  Cost: $6.99
  • Letters to spell out baby girl's name.  Most expensive buy of the day - $16.
There are a few things we still need to get to put the room all together:
  • Rug - black shag carpet.  Have my eye on one at Walmart for $70.  Waiting to get my $50 MyPoints card in, and then we will purchase it. Cost: $20 + tax (after card)
  • Records to mount her name on.  FIL has these, we just need to pick some up. Cost: Free!
  • 3M hook & strips to hang the decorations.  Cost: $4 or so
  • Fabric for crib bumpers, skirt, and glider padding cover.  Narrowed down a few options today.  Cost: (not sure, but mom is covering this one).
  • Fabric for canvas bins.  Will use a drop cloth for the canvas, and cotton for the liners.  Cost: Approx $20 for all three.
  • Dimmer switch for light.  Not sure of the cost.
  • New globe or light kit for the ceiling fan (old roomie broke the current one on her way out.  Just a bulb right now).  Not sure of the cost - shouldn't be too much.  Will keep an eye out at the garage sales to see what I can find.
While we were out shopping, I took advantage of a great deal CVS had on wipes and baby toiletries.  By working the deals around I got 18 packages of wipes and two large bottles of baby bath for less than $3 out-of-pocket.  Little one should now be stocked on wipes & bodywash for about a year :)

I am getting antsy.  My brother can't finish the paint until Monday night.  We can't start putting things back into the room until that is done.  So right now everything is piled in the dining room and living room.  I feel like I live in a house from "Hoarders: Buried Alive".  Its seriously bothering me!!  If DH wouldn't freak, I would just go finish the paint myself.

No comments: