Our journey...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Breathing room??

Today was my annual review with my boss. We found out the fate of our raises & bonuses. Surprisingly we actually got them this year which is great. I was honestly not expecting anything. The fact that I still have a job right now is great :) So to get a bonus & a raise was a great surprise.

The bonus should be enough after taxes to pay off the two smallest CCs, pay for our upcoming insurance bill, and get us started on the maternity leave fund!!

We also need to get our taxes over to the CPA as soon as possible. We finally have the things we need to get started :) By my rough estimates, we should be getting back about $1000, which will go straight to the maternity leave fund.

I am scared to think this, but we might actually have caught a break for a bit. Shhhh.....don't let Murphy hear that one ;)

Work is CRAZY BUSY right now. Which is good, because my days are flying by. We have training planned through the end of May. Hopefully I can use June to catch up on everything, and have all of my responsibilities ready to hand off as of the beginning of July, just incase baby girl decides to come early.

Speaking of, she's half-way done!! I can't believe it! I am feeling her move a lot more now, which is pretty fun :) Although the last few days I have not felt her as much - not sure if its just because she is still so little & moves around, or if I have just been too busy to really notice. Maybe running around so much & not just sitting still rocks her to sleep more.

I have enough points through MyPoints to order $100 in giftcards. I think I will get $50 to Walmart, and $50 to Target. We can get the paint we need at Walmart to do the nursery, and the $50 should buy a super cute area rug :) I still need to go shopping for the fabric to do the crib bumpers, skirt, and the glider cover with. My mom has said she would buy all of that for the baby's room & sew the things we need. The plans are becoming more finalized and its all starting to come together :)

I just can not wait to hold my baby. Of course, I would like to at least wait 17 more weeks. But after that, she can come whenever she wants :)

2 comments:

Nd.chic said...

Awesome job on the bonus and raise! Are you making sure that you are claiming all of your DH's work expenses for taxes? There are a lot of things that he is able to write off. I'm sure you are but just wanted to double check. It seems like you should be getting back much more than $1000.

Sam said...

We never paid taxes for him, and I kept adjusting my withholding quarterly. I was hoping to avoid paying a lot or having too much withheld from my checks.