Our journey...

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Heartbroken :(

Last week my heart hurt. This week its broken :(

A friend from HS has an adorable little family. A boy (4) and a girl (2). Last year she found out she was pregnant with twins, but lost them in the first trimester. She found out she was expecting again this spring and everyone was so happy for her! She has a scheduled delivery in five days, she had just ordered an embroidered stocking for the baby, and had just received the crib bedding. Pictures went up on Facebook of cute profile shots (from the ultrasound) where baby quickly got the nickname "Baby Button-nose". They were keeping the gender a secret until the delivery.

Yesterday she went in for her last appointment before the scheduled delivery. Instead, her world came crashing down. They received the devastating news that their baby had passed away, just days before she should have been born.

Today my friend goes in to deliver her daughter. They've named her for her maternal grandmother (who just passed this year).

I stayed up most of the night crying and praying for my friend and her family. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they are going through.

So today I pray for them. I pray for a safe delivery for my friend. I pray for comfort and clear minds as they spend a few, very very precious hours with their daughter. I pray they will be able to remember how she looks, how she feels, and hold and cuddle their baby and let her know how much she is really loved. I am thankful for professionals trained to help in times like this - helping the family to capture these moments with pictures and mementos.

And I mostly pray for them as they have to hand their daughter over and leave the hospital, knowing they will never again get to hold her in their arms. I pray for strength as they return to their home without her, as they guide their other children through this time of sorrow.

--------

3 comments:

KellytheCulinarian said...

What a terrible loss.

j udy said...

They are in my prayers

Financial Dropout said...

How awful for her and her family:( Do they know what happened? Full term losses just scare the daylights out of me.