So much for my prediction to pay off $15,000 this year. We will be lucky to end with $12,500 paid. There are still 3 more pay periods and 1.5 months of payoffs to count. Still, when I look back to 2011 and see that we only paid off $2,374 in an ENTIRE YEAR, $12,500 seems like amazing progress! Because it is. Our total payoff over the last five years has been $25,891.93. ALMOST HALF JUST THIS YEAR!! WOW!
After the shuffles, we are down to nine TOTAL accounts (including student loans & car). When we started this, we had more than that in just credit card accounts! I am hoping first quarter of 2013 brings two more zeros to that list but we will have to wait and see. Although we didn't completely pay off the four debts we focused on for 2012, I am changing focus for 2013 to our three balance transfers (since they are 0% for 18 months). Here's the current list:
BT #1 - $1,418.23
BT #2 - $4.944.00
BT #3 - $7,210.00
We will attack these in the order listed, from smallest to largest. The second BT is at the same bank as our main checking. I plan to snowflake any extras straight to that account. I think that will really help us clear the debt quickly.
After the shuffles, we are down to nine TOTAL accounts (including student loans & car). When we started this, we had more than that in just credit card accounts! I am hoping first quarter of 2013 brings two more zeros to that list but we will have to wait and see. Although we didn't completely pay off the four debts we focused on for 2012, I am changing focus for 2013 to our three balance transfers (since they are 0% for 18 months). Here's the current list:
BT #1 - $1,418.23
BT #2 - $4.944.00
BT #3 - $7,210.00
We will attack these in the order listed, from smallest to largest. The second BT is at the same bank as our main checking. I plan to snowflake any extras straight to that account. I think that will really help us clear the debt quickly.

1 comment:
4th Quarter is always the most expensive quarter for us. Hang in there. You've made great progress this year.
Post a Comment