Our journey...

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Time to Hunker Down

Here we go, again. Sad that we have to go through four more years of this, and completely disillusioned with our two-party system.

As to how it relates to our family: insurance premiums are climbing while the actual coverage is declining. I am not sure when we will actually be able to have another baby - but hey, at least the birth control is "free" LOL! We are also preparing for our taxes to go way up next year. Which means more deductions and less take-home pay. But hey - maybe we will finally be eligible for principle reductions ;) I wonder if Obama will keep pushing DeMarco to do that, or replace him altogether, or if he forgets all about it and goes on to something else. That's my bet.

While I am disappointed, its not like the world is ending just yet. We will get there - our goals and dreams are just going to have to get pushed back, again. Its really frustrating to keep working so hard and feeling like we are going no where. But now its time to hunker down, keep paying debt, socking away money, and getting ready as best as we can to ride out this next financial collapse.

2 comments:

Nd.chic said...

I was so disappointed that people actually voted for Obama given his current record. Do they not understand that his policies are the reason that everybody's healthcare costs are going through the roof? I love the "free" birth control. There is no such thing as free. I really take offense to the fact that try to say that conservatives are so hard on women with regard to contraception options. I've heard that a few times this week and it about makes me puke. Women should have rights but fetuses should have their lives.

Sam said...

ND - apparently females only have rights once they are born. Before that, they are property and can be disposed of. Or at least that's what people keep telling me.

In all honesty, I know abortions will never be 100% illegal. There are always horrible exceptions where people may find that's the only option. But all this arguing seems to be for the 5% exceptions, and not for the 95% that use it simply for birth control.