Our journey...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

How to get the beer company to buy your groceries :)

Seriously.

I've been doing NBPR (no beer purchase required) rebates for awhile now.  The liquor companies frequently put out rebates good for money back on your grocery purchase when also purchasing certain liquors or beers.  But in MO, they can't legally require the alcohol purchase in order to qualify for the rebate.  That means if I can find a rebate that is valid in MO, I can submit my grocery receipts and get money back!

Right now there are several great rebates available: 
  • $20/$70 grocery purchase
  • $25/$100 grocery purchase
  • $5/$5.01 beef purchase
  • $5/$5.01 chips & salsa
  • $10/$10.01 poultry
  • $10/$15 meat and seafood
I purchase the rebate forms on eBay.  As you can guess, since the alcohol purchase is not required in MO, the rebate forms are a bit hard to find here.  I could cross the state line over into KS and stalk the liquor aisles, but to me its easier to spend 10 minutes on eBay and have them sent to me.  (It is important to note - you do not buy the FORMS on eBay.  You pay for someone's time to locate the forms & ship them to you.)

Tonight I purchased the rebates listed above.  For $12 initial investment, I will get back $75 from our normal grocery purchases.  YAY!!

This is an excellent way to save on your groceries no matter where you shop.    

No comments: