Our journey...

Monday, July 16, 2012

Come on...let's sell this place already!

Time for realtor #2.  It just wasn't working out with the first one.  The sign was in the yard for two months, but no showings and only a handful of calls.  I know they won't make a lot off our house, but seriously.  They only get paid if they get it sold!

So I've been running around like a crazy lady cleaning up the house again.  I had gotten lazy about keeping it spotless since there was no interest in it.  A couple hours of scrubbing & putting things away, and it looks almost show-ready again.  We've already cleared out a bunch of things, and stored things at my parents house that we won't need again for awhile (like all of the newborn baby stuff, sniff sniff :'(  ).  I bet the new realtor still tells us to get rid of a bunch of things.  Well, I at least hope that she does.  I am so much happier when there's less clutter around.

I am excited to see how things go with this new realtor.  DH got a referral to her from one of his networking buddies.  She's one of the top agents in the city.  I guess she works on marketing the houses & has a team of 3-4 people that do the showings for her.  Within an hour of calling her, she had sent DH the lists of comps & recent sales in our area, and had gotten a pic of the front of the house to start the listing!

1 comment:

spaghetti0625 said...

Best of luck with Realtor #2!!! Can't wait to read the post when you SELL your house!