Our journey...

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DAMN IT!

We knew what the realtor would tell us, but DH and I were holding out hope that maybe we were wrong.  Nope.  We nailed it.  There is no way we can sell right now.  We are about $20,000 upside down on the house.  Its dropped about 40% in value since I bought it!


So now the options are:
1. Walk away.  Yeah, not really an option.  Fun to think about though. 
2. Short-sale.  (see above)
3. Rent.  Not really an option because we can't absorb the risk of getting a bad renter that trashes the place.  If we could do that, we would just pay to leave.
4. List now, and hope that we could come up with the money/pay off enough debt/borrow enough to come to closing with when/if we get an offer.
5. Sit tight and wait.  For who knows how long.  It would take us 2 years to save up $20,000 if we socked away every spare penny.  By that time our house would probably have dropped another 40% and we would be screwed again.

I just want to cry.  Or scream.  Or cry :(

*ETA - Yeah, apparently I really suck at math when I am pissed.  Because its $40,000 that we would have to bring to closing.  We are sooooooooooooooooooo screwed. 

2 comments:

Nd.chic said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't believe that its dropped 40%. That is such a huge amount.

Financial Dropout said...
This comment has been removed by the author.