We have the first showing of the house next week. WHAT?!?!? I know I shouldn't get too excited, but I am trying to use this opportunity to get the house in tip-top shape and clean/purge things we are not using.
I am realizing that in the last six years in this home, I have accumulated WAY too much junk. Good thing its just a 1,000 sq ft home! We are busting at the seams here and I honestly am not sure why. As I go through the rooms and purge out what we don't need/pack away what we don't need right now, I am amazed at the items I keep hanging around "just in-case". What if I need this random widget in a few years? Its wasteful to throw away useful things, I tell myself. But really, if I have not seen it in so long that I don't even remember that I own it (or remember what the heck it even is!!), then the reality is that I don't need it.
So now my new philosophy is - if I can buy it again at the Dollar General/Walmart/Target for $5 or less, and its something I have not used in a year, out it goes. Immediately. No questions asked. There is no sense in wasting space in my home on something that I don't NEED. And I really don't want to take the time to pack, move, store, and move again things that are not important to me.
So my stack of boxes to move is slowly growing out in the garage. But the pile of things to donate/throw out is growing along side it. And for some reason, that makes me really happy :)

No comments:
Post a Comment