Our journey...

Saturday, June 9, 2012

I need ideas!!

DH's birthday is coming up, and so is Father's Day.  He says he does not care much about either, but I really want to get him something.  The problem is, the only things he wants are things that cost several hundred dollars each (recliner, tablet, jawbone jambox, guitar).  Anything that's $50 or less he just goes & buys for himself after deciding on what he wants. 

I made him a picture, and I was going to get him a new bottle of his favorite cologne since he's almost out.  But that does not really seem like much of a present.  He always gets the most awesome gifts for me and I feel like I fall short every time its my turn to return the favor :(  And last year his birthday party was a big mess.  I've already told him that he can get the things he wants as soon as we have the money for it.  Just does not make it seem like he's getting something special for these special days though. 

2 comments:

Sense said...

Does he want a specific brand of recliner or guitar? If not, that may be something that can be found for cheap on craigslist for less than $50.

Maybe just give him the perfect Father's day--just cook and pamper him and let him do whatever he wants with no distractions?? The gift of time is something that he could want! :)

Sam said...

Oh goodness, I could never buy him a guitar. The ones he wants are $4,000+. He's a talented musician with quite a collection already, and definitely knows what he wants :) But the recliner is an awesome idea. I will keep looking to see if there's something that will work for us.

I made him a special picture and had it printed, and framed it ($6 frame from Dollar General, but it looks pretty nice). And I think I will take some time later this afternoon to clean out the cars well for him and I am getting them washed on Tuesday.

And, well, most days are like the one above... :) He pretty much does whatever he wants whenever he wants. I did make him his favorite cookies though :)