Goddamn gunshots.
I jump out of my skin. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Keeping my fingers crossed that this house sells soon. I don't want to stay here any longer than I have to.
But no one has come to see the house yet. So for now, I will daydream of neighborhoods where my daughter can play outside. Places where there are parks, and sidewalks, and other young families around. Where there are block parties, parents gathering by a grill or fire pit while kids play hide-and-seek between the yards and catch fireflies. A place where I can put my daughter in her stroller, put the dog on a leash, and take a walk in a neighborhood that does not look like it has chicken-pox when you look it up on the registered sex offender's site (seriously - more than 20 on the route I used to walk my dog on. 20!!!).
I guess on the upside I can now tell you the difference between a handgun and a larger gun, and I can judge with pretty good accuracy what direction it came from. The rush of flashing lights & sirens almost always confirms my suspicions. And hey, who the heck needs nightlights when you can get police helicopter spotlights checking out your backyard???

1 comment:
Scary! Fingers crossed for you that you find a buyer soon!
Post a Comment