Our journey...

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Finding my new niche...

Before DD, my hobbies were couponing & crochet.  While I still do both sometimes, they don't really bring me the joy that they once did.  Couponing was dealt some major blows after the fall-out from the Extreme Couponing show.  While I can still get deals for my family to cover our essentials for pennies or less, there's not an abundance and it takes a LOT more work.  Crochet might come back at some point, but with DD crawling/walking all over and getting into everything, the last thing I want to do is set out a basket of yarn :P

I need to find my new niche - the thing that I really enjoy doing that I can pull out when I have a free moment.  I have brought out the sewing machine to play around a bit, but I definitely need more practice.  DH got me a wonderful camera for our anniversary and I have practiced taking pics as well.  With both of those things, I feel like what I make is less than perfect (someone can always do it better), so I get frustrated and discouraged. 

Meanwhile, I keep working on the house and getting it in shape/keeping it cleaned up and ready to show.  I keep hoping that we will be homeless by the end of the summer.  A few people have asked about it, but so far no one has come to see it (the one person that had an appointment cancelled). 

No comments: