I think I am going to talk to my new boss about taking some vacation time off. I think if I can take vacation from July 18-22nd, and then start my FMLA leave on the 25th (my due date), that will give me some time to rest & relax before she gets here. It still leaves me with 1.5 weeks of vacation after I return from leave, which I hope to save for Christmas & Thanksgiving. But being the new person in the department, its very likely that I won't be able to take all that time off around the holidays. That plan should work - unless she shows up early. I don't know why, but I keep feeling like I only have 6 weeks left instead of 8. Of course, that probably means I will just go over & have her 2 weeks late
Monday, May 30, 2011
Getting closer to the end
Oh man. The last couple of days have been ROUGH. I finally broke down and took Tylenol PM the last two nights just so I could sleep. I am so uncomfortable, and only sleeping about an hour at a time. With the Tylenol I was able to only wake up 2-3 times per night, and able to go right back to sleep when I did. The BH contractions have started, so I have been drinking even more water, walking around a lot, and trying to keep my mind off of it. No pattern, no increasing in intensity, and they usually go away after a few hours. I am just getting anxious to see her, even though I know we have several more weeks to go.
I think I am going to talk to my new boss about taking some vacation time off. I think if I can take vacation from July 18-22nd, and then start my FMLA leave on the 25th (my due date), that will give me some time to rest & relax before she gets here. It still leaves me with 1.5 weeks of vacation after I return from leave, which I hope to save for Christmas & Thanksgiving. But being the new person in the department, its very likely that I won't be able to take all that time off around the holidays. That plan should work - unless she shows up early. I don't know why, but I keep feeling like I only have 6 weeks left instead of 8. Of course, that probably means I will just go over & have her 2 weeks late
I think I am going to talk to my new boss about taking some vacation time off. I think if I can take vacation from July 18-22nd, and then start my FMLA leave on the 25th (my due date), that will give me some time to rest & relax before she gets here. It still leaves me with 1.5 weeks of vacation after I return from leave, which I hope to save for Christmas & Thanksgiving. But being the new person in the department, its very likely that I won't be able to take all that time off around the holidays. That plan should work - unless she shows up early. I don't know why, but I keep feeling like I only have 6 weeks left instead of 8. Of course, that probably means I will just go over & have her 2 weeks late
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry to hear that you are so uncomfortable.
Post a Comment