Our journey...

Friday, June 10, 2011

Time to get a mommy-mobile

We have been looking to trade in DH's car since it just does not drive in the winter at all.  Today we found one :)  We ended up getting a 2007 Explorer with 36,000 miles!  So exciting :)  We are trading in DH's car, and since his friend is the car dealer, we are getting a pretty good deal.  For the most part our payments will stay the same, which is good. 

The car obviously gets really low gas mileage (although not much worse than the CTS), so its going to primarily be my vehicle.  DH will drive the Corolla to save on miles on the new car, and to get the better mileage since he drives so much.  The funny thing is, our gas expenses will probably go down with the new car just because we are trading drivers & cars.  And its going to be nice to put DD in the higher car where we don't have to bend over or climb in to get the carseat in place. 

SIL still has our carseat for our niece, but we should be getting that back soon.  We still need to get 1-2 more bases to put in DH's car & MIL's car for when I go back to work.  Honestly, I am thinking of getting the extra bases off of Craigslist.  I found someone selling the seat + the bases (2) for less than just the cost of the seat.  I will use our brand new seat for her but if I can get a deal on the bases then I will :)

2 comments:

Financial Dropout said...

Congrats, it sounds like things really worked out and you got exactly what you needed for both the winter and baby!

Janelle said...

wow, low miles for a 2007! That's great! I also used interchangeable bases for our car seats, so I think you should grab them if you can.