Our journey...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Time is flying now!

With the new job, time is flying by!  I stay so busy all day that I end up working at least 9 hours most days, straight through (no break for lunch, just enough time to run & heat up something if I am lucky).  My co-worker is out on vacation, so I am getting to do most of it by myself right now.  I guess its only fair since I am about to leave her for 12 weeks on her own.  I can't believe its already Tuesday.  This week is going to be over before I know it - and then we get Monday off!!

Had my checkup today.  36 weeks and 1 day - only a few more days left to go until she's considered "full term".  Baby is doing good, but still riding high.  Absolutely not dilating or effacing at all.  Boo!!  Although I know that means nothing.... I am so sad that I officially crossed the 150lb mark though.  I know its dumb, but I was really hoping to end this thing without going over.  Still trying to drink a lot of water and watch what I eat.  Hopefully it won't be too hard to get back after she's born.  We talked about what to expect at this point, when I need to go in, and when we will have the induction discussion.  My Dr doesn't induce until 1-2 weeks after the due date, especially with first time moms, unless its medically necessary.  That was good to know, but I am so ready to get her out that I hope we don't need to get to that part. 

We had an exterminator come out to the house to spray for ants and spiders.  I wanted to get them all out of here before the baby came, and definitely didn't want to be spraying too close to her arrival.  The good news is that I have not seen either since - well, the first couple of days we saw all the dead bugs, but I can live with that :)  Somehow though we got fruit flies.  I hate those things!!  I have been killing them for a couple of weeks now, and could not figure out where they were coming from.  Well....today I found out :(  Apparently an old bag of potatoes had fallen under the shelf that they usually sit on.  I pulled them out, DH took out all the trash, and we scrubbed things down like crazy.  I am still killing the random ones flying around, but now that we got the source of the problem I am hoping they just go away :)

No comments: