Only 34 more days left....and hopefully less. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but my sister had both of her kids early. At this point Aly is far enough along that I am not worried about her coming at any time. Maybe its because I am so used to people around me having kids at 28 and 29 weeks, so 35 seems like she's over-baked already! Obviously I want her to stay in as long as she needs to, but I am so sick of being pregnant and uncomfortable, and its just going to get worse. The poor kid is seriously running out of room. One of our friends had her baby yesterday, and when I saw the announcement on FB I just started bawling. Poor DH - he just has no idea what to do with me & my crazy preggo hormones. So happy for my friends, but so ready just to hold my baby & have this pregnancy over with.
DH is going to get underwritten for life insurance in the next couple of weeks. I have a policy, and we have one on him through my work, but with the baby coming we figured it was best to get a real policy on him too. Which also means we probably need to sit down with our lawyer-friend and talk about wills & who we want to take care of Aly in-case something happens to us. So weird to now be responsible for someone else!
We had a SUPER eventful weekend!! The power went out at BIL/SIL's house. Three of the babies are on heart/breathing monitors, and one of them is still on oxygen as well (Caleb is rocking it & off all monitors!). The battery backups were about to go out, so they called me to see if I knew when the power would be back on. Benefit of working for the power company - sometimes we can get more insight to the situation :) It didn't look good though - the storms that rolled through here took out 62,000 customers. Major transmission lines were out, poles down, trees everywhere. They needed to pack up the babies and take them somewhere - so our house it was! The girls got to try out Aly's crib, and the boys hung out nearby in their pack n play. I will have to post pics later - it was too fun :) They stayed overnight, and DH and I got great practice with feeding & changing multiple babies. Once Aly comes, its going to seem so easy!!
DH kept joking that it would be really funny if I went into labor while they were all at our house. Um....not so much!
We had a good time hanging out with BIL & SIL. They seemed to enjoy getting out of the house, even if it was just to come hang out at our house. It was the first non-doctor outing that the kids have had, and probably the last for awhile since they are so sensitive to germs. Between feedings we watched the baseball games (BIL is a Cards fan, DH is a Royals fan. Perfect that they were playing each other this weekend!).
Money-wise...well, this is one of our going backwards periods again. The good news is that it is DEFINITELY not as bad as the last couple have been, and we don't expect it to last as long. DH has some great cases closing this summer, but they don't start paying out until fall/winter since its just quarterly. I am trying not to stress out about it. It just is what it is - we will be back on track soon. Overall we are still making forward progress, even still ahead from where we started in January of this year. I will get an update in a few weeks once we get the new car settled & start knowing more about expenses while out on maternity leave.
DH is going to get underwritten for life insurance in the next couple of weeks. I have a policy, and we have one on him through my work, but with the baby coming we figured it was best to get a real policy on him too. Which also means we probably need to sit down with our lawyer-friend and talk about wills & who we want to take care of Aly in-case something happens to us. So weird to now be responsible for someone else!
We had a SUPER eventful weekend!! The power went out at BIL/SIL's house. Three of the babies are on heart/breathing monitors, and one of them is still on oxygen as well (Caleb is rocking it & off all monitors!). The battery backups were about to go out, so they called me to see if I knew when the power would be back on. Benefit of working for the power company - sometimes we can get more insight to the situation :) It didn't look good though - the storms that rolled through here took out 62,000 customers. Major transmission lines were out, poles down, trees everywhere. They needed to pack up the babies and take them somewhere - so our house it was! The girls got to try out Aly's crib, and the boys hung out nearby in their pack n play. I will have to post pics later - it was too fun :) They stayed overnight, and DH and I got great practice with feeding & changing multiple babies. Once Aly comes, its going to seem so easy!!
We had a good time hanging out with BIL & SIL. They seemed to enjoy getting out of the house, even if it was just to come hang out at our house. It was the first non-doctor outing that the kids have had, and probably the last for awhile since they are so sensitive to germs. Between feedings we watched the baseball games (BIL is a Cards fan, DH is a Royals fan. Perfect that they were playing each other this weekend!).
Money-wise...well, this is one of our going backwards periods again. The good news is that it is DEFINITELY not as bad as the last couple have been, and we don't expect it to last as long. DH has some great cases closing this summer, but they don't start paying out until fall/winter since its just quarterly. I am trying not to stress out about it. It just is what it is - we will be back on track soon. Overall we are still making forward progress, even still ahead from where we started in January of this year. I will get an update in a few weeks once we get the new car settled & start knowing more about expenses while out on maternity leave.

3 comments:
aw, the quads came for a visit!
also, around 35 I was also SO ready to be done with pregnancy. sleeping was impossible, i felt full all the time, so I could only eat little meals. blah. just think if you were carrying two (or four!). :)
Yeah, I am super glad there's only one in there!!! :)
It feels like you just got pregnant a little bit ago! Wow, you're almost done, that's crazy!
Post a Comment