Our journey...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Any time now, kiddo!

Oh my word.  I have been in major "nesting" mode the past couple of days.  I seriously feel like I NEED to have everything ready for this baby, like yesterday!  So far we have the car seat base installed, the bassinet set up in our room, and I am almost done packing the hospital bags.  My co-worker told me today that I will have her this weekend - I really hope she's right!!

Just found out yesterday that DH won't be allowed to take any time off when Aly is born :(  If she comes during the week he can have that day off, but that's about it.  So I am hoping & praying to go into labor on a Friday so he can spend the weekend with us, and we can go home before Monday.  Its a good thing that mom & MIL are just a couple miles away incase I need anything when we first get home.  His boss is really getting on to him for not closing more of the smaller, quick-paying cases.  He's been focusing on the long-term cases and partnering with people that have been there for awhile.  They closed two big ones this quarter, but these kinds of cases only pay out quarterly, so he won't get paid on them until August or Sept.  These are recurring income cases (meaning they pay every quarter as long as he maintains the plans) vs. just a one-time payout that his boss wants him to focus on. 

I am thinking of calling the 15th my last day at work.  I would really love to have some time off before she comes to just do whatever I want.  I am going to talk to my Dr next week and see what she says...hopefully she just writes me out on leave starting then.  That also gives me a set return date to plan on which will be nice for my team as well. 

No comments: