Our journey...

Monday, August 26, 2013

2013 Goals Update

When I wrote these goals for the year back in December, I had no ideal what we were in for. Our two big goals were:
1. Have another kid
2. Pay off remaining credit card debt. $24,500
We technically met #1. Maybe I should have clarified that a bit more, since I really wanted to keep her and not just have her. I've listened, Universe, and will be MUCH more specific next time I put something out there.

As for the second goal, we are actually doing pretty well. Not quite on-track, but considering the circumstances I am happy with our progress. Here are the numbers:

Credit Cards:
1/1/2013 Start: $24,500
8/31/2013 Current: $16,522.93
Total paid = $7,977.07

Total Debt:
1/1/2013 Start: $62,300.13
8/31/2013 Current: $50,262.05
Total paid = $12,038.08

We are 2/3rds of the way through the year, and so far we have paid off more than we did last year. I think that is pretty successful! We've also averaged $1,500/month payoffs on our total debt. Not quite the $2050 that we had aimed for in the beginning, but that's ok. Still 50% more than our monthly payoffs last year, and that's with a $450/month pay cut for me. So I guess if you look at what we've paid each month + the paycut, that comes out close to our original goal. So I like to think that we are still on-track :)

No comments: