Our journey...

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One week down....

Saying goodbye

Well, we've survived this first week. It's so weird, in some ways it feels like we never even had a baby. We knew we wouldn't be bringing her home, so there was no baby paraphernalia around the house. No car seat installed in the car. Her things have all been placed into a storage tub and set in my closet. The rest of life has moved on...and I feel kind of stuck. It's a weird feeling. I had months to prepare for this and kind of feel relieved that it is finally over. I want to move on - just trying to figure out how to make that happen.

I weighed in this morning at 127.6. That means I am down 21lbs since I delivered last week and only 6lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Apparently it is pretty easy to lose weight when you really just don't want to eat. Trying to make myself eat three meals a day with healthy food options (produce and lean proteins, few sugars and limiting salts). Drinking a lot of water and iced tea to stay hydrated.

What a difference a week makes

I need some kind of project to keep me busy. I am working on organizing our house and getting things in order. Guess it's a weird form of nesting. Since I don't get a nursery to paint and decorate, I told DH that I wanted to re-do our bedroom. It's the one room we have done NOTHING with. I would describe it as dorm-room chic. It's really just a random hodge podge of furniture. So I am trying to pull it all together. Some paint, some curtains, and some new sheets. Moving things around so that we have a better "flow" and maximize the space. I think it will do me a lot of good to have a nice, settled space to relax in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find the perfect thing to say, but having lost my husband just a few months ago I know there are no words to take the pain away. You and your family are in my family prayers