Our journey...

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Something to do

I have to say, post-partum recovery is a million times easier without having a newborn to take care of. Not that I wouldn't give EVERYTHING I have to have her still here with us. Just trying to find some positive things to focus on right now.

Last Monday when I went to the doctor I was 148.8lbs. Coming home after delivery I was down to 136.8 (which seems normal for baby + fluid weight). Just weighed myself today and I am down to 131.2. I started at 122, so I have about 10lbs to go. Might be a lot harder this time since I am not nursing. I am trying to make sure I drink a full 8 glasses of water each day and I have been focusing on healthier food choices. Getting in lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lots of low-fat protein sources, taking my vitamins. Avoiding processed/salty/fried foods as much as I can.

Since we want to try again as soon as possible, I also need to get my body really healthy again. I just put in a large order on Amazon for some supplements a close nurse friend had recommended to help build up the necessary nutrients in my body to get ready to support another pregnancy. They usually take a few months to get build up, so I am starting now. It makes me feel like I can DO something, even though there's really not a lot I can actually do right now.

Thanks to the belly/hip belts, I am back in my normal clothes (got the pants on the day after I gave birth, was able to button & zip all the way three days after). I seriously think it's all due to those belts. I washed them this morning while we were at church & thought I would just wear a flowy dress and let my tummy rest since I've pretty much been wearing them 24/7 since we came home. By the time we got home I had a hard time buttoning my pants again and felt like my insides were hanging out. Belts are back on and I feel much more supported now :) Maternity clothes have all been lent to SIL so I don't even have them at home to fall back on. Pretty good motivation to stay on top of it!

Tomorrow I am going to start some easy exercises. Mainly walking - I am planning to take DD out shopping and maybe to the park. Walking and pushing a stroller is great exercise, and the belts help me keep my posture in-line. Hopefully this will help get my abs strong enough for another pregnancy. And being active really helps my mood, which is needed right now. I am holding it together pretty well right now since we had so long to prepare for this, but I do have my random crying spells. Focusing on something positive and taking steps to move forward should help a lot.

No comments: