Well, the first payday of the month has rolled around. And we are doing really well! We officially got under $50,000 on our total debt, and we possibly could be under $49,000 depending on how the rest of the month goes. The credit cards are at $16,250 and could be under $16,000 by the end of this month. In fact, this one of those months where we see a couple of nice left-digit shifts. And our car loan could be under $10,000 by the end of the year, which would leave us with no individual debts (other than the house) higher than $9,999. For some reason that seems like a HUGE milestone!
I was doing awesome with the weight loss after delivery, but I've gained back quite a bit in the last two weeks and am back up to 132 - 10lbs away from my goal weight. DH and I have been drinking a lot after DD goes to bed (not getting wasted every night, but a big glass of wine every night adds up!). We've also been using gift cards we were given for different restaurants around town. I only have a week & a half left before I go back to work, so I need to cut it out so I can fit back into my normal work clothes!! DH read about green smoothies and decided to do those as breakfast and lunch for the next two weeks. I figured I would join in. It's not a bad idea to get in a ton of veggies and water every day. I am adding in yogurt & flax meal for added protein. So far, two days in, it's been pretty easy. The protein and fiber is keeping me really full. The scale hasn't budged, but I think it will take a few days for that to happen as I get the crap out of my system.
It's been four weeks since Aubree's birth. I feel almost back to normal...or maybe I've found my new normal. Tonight was the first time I got sad seeing a new baby. We were out at a restaurant and the table next to us had a tiny little baby - less than 6lbs for sure. As tiny as Aly was when she was born. I wanted so badly to ask if I could just hold the baby, but thankfully managed to keep that in-check and left them all alone ;) I am sure they would have thought I was nuts!
Aly has been doing so well since I've been staying at home with her. Our family life is running so much more smoothly. I have time to cook & clean and play with Aly. By the time DH gets home I am ready to talk to someone else instead of being so worn out from talking that I just want to be by myself. We looked at the numbers, and we could technically make it work for me to stay home right now. But we would be giving up on several goals that we have. It is nice to be on the same page with our priorities, and to know that while we could technically make it work now, the end result will be that much better if we can just wait a bit longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment