Our journey...

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Where has the time gone?

It seems like FOREVER since I have posted here.  I am betting most people that used to read no longer do.  That's ok.  Maybe I can find a new audience (or maybe my old friends will find me again).

DD is now 9 months old.  Nine months.  It seems completely unreal.  Nine months ago was my due date.  I was HUGE and preggo, and feeling like I was going to be that way forever.  And I wanted to punch everyone that said she would come "soon" or "in her own time".  Seriously.  Never say those things to the pregnant lady.  But she did come, one day later :)

Now she's cruising and pulling up, and trying to walk!!  She's so busy.  And into everything.  And she's changed my world in ways I never thought possible.  I can't even describe how in love I am with the little girl that calls me "Mama!!" and comes crawling with a HUGE smile on her face as soon as I get home from work every day.  Or the sweet little girl that happily babbles for "Daddy" and looks at him like he is the most special person in the universe.  And how she will cry for "MamaDaddyNana!!" when she gets put into bed, but she feels that she is far too busy playing to consider falling asleep just yet.

And I love how she's the weirdo that coughs instead of laughing.  And how she thinks the pertussis PSA is just a baby that is cracking up (so she crawls to the TV, laughs, and dances along until its over).  She crawls with her bum straight up in the air.  And she has to sleep with her two baby dolls (one for each hand). 

I LOVE this little person, and I am really enjoying getting to know her.  I am really thankful that God has blessed my husband and I with the opportunity to know and raise this person.  (And I will be honest and admit - I am enjoying these days more than the newborn days.  While sweet, those were some dark & trying days for me.  Life is much more freeing and happy now.)

6 comments:

spaghetti0625 said...

I'm still here...love the story...makes me want to have one of my own :)

Tanya said...

Still here...I no longer update my blog though - I just have my FB pages :) It is amazing how fast the time goes - I can't believe my twins are 20 mos. old now!! Crazy!

Laurie said...

I'm still here too! What a sweet post :)

Sam said...

YAY!! I am so glad that you all are still here :)

Beth - you need to have a baby already!! ;)

Tanya - what's your FB page? I would love to follow you there. Are you still doing all the deals?

Laurie - thanks :)

Tanya said...

I do have one for the deals - find me on FB and I'll invite you to that one...I'd love to have you as a friend on there :) I have my personal one too - you'll get to see pics of the boys then!! (search for Tanya Brorby Sampson)

See you soon :)

spaghetti0625 said...

Yes I know! Well, I'm working on it...not really...but maybe this summer. Had to get the chicken pox shot..got it 6 weeks ago now I gotta go for one more...then wait at least a month before trying. I'm such a worry wart that I told DH that for few months that I couldn't get pregnant that either no sex OR I go back on BC...he's like 'Get back on the pill' hahahaha. Too many issues of getting pregnant while going through the vaccine so I opted to just wait it out.