Hmmm, well, last time I posted about finances, things were a mess. Not that they are exactly stellar now, but its improved considerably :) Last year, even with all of our ups & downs, we ended up the year with $2,375 less in debt that we started the year with. I say that counts as a win! And this year, we are already almost down $6,000!!
We didn't list the house last year, but its looking like this spring will be a much better time anyway. Zillow upped the estimate on our house by $30k in the last year, and local sales have backed that up. Really, its due to the rush of foreclosures falling off and the private sales starting to pick up again. Since we dont need to move, we can wait until an offer comes that will get us out of the house without owing anything.
DH is FINALLY bringing home a consistent salary. He no longer has to pay to work and he is bringing home money :) If things keep going like this, he may match my salary this year!! That will be a HUGE change from the past three years when his income was actually negative once everything was accounted for. I really feel like we finally turned the corner.
My new job is going really well. I LOVE my new team, and the job is a great fit for me too.

2 comments:
YAY! So happy for you! If you can sit on the house and wait, I'm sure it will keep going up...why sell to break even where if waiting a bit longer will MAKE you money :)
Actually, I am worried we might miss our window & never get out of here. With the recent break-ins, home invasions (where the home owners were held at gunpoint while people tore up their house - just three blocks from us), or the guy that got shot by the police snipers three blocks the other way for holding his roommate hostage, and then going outside & threatening to shoot the cops, we need to get the heck out of Dodge ASAP!
Let's just say, the neighborhood was NOT like this when I bought the house. I don't know if its the economic downturn & the high unemployment/foreclosure rate here, but this neighborhood is going downhill fast. I don't want to wait to see what else will happen.
Post a Comment