Our journey...

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wishing and dreaming

I ran in the Trolley Run today.  Invigorating 4 mile run in the rain :)  My time was 41:35, which is a bit disappointing.  Next year I am going to be in the 30-36 min heat if it kills me!

As we ran through the city, I was taking note of houses for sale along the route (obviously I was not pushing myself hard enough if I had time to take note of signs and streets, lol!).  I saw this beauty:


And noticed that they had an open house today. So I made a note of the address, and we went back this afternoon.  It was gorgeous!  We walked through the house, commenting on all of the features that we liked.  Then we ran across the info sheet in the kitchen.  Yeah.  There's a reason why we liked it.  Because its WAY out of our price range!  Only $500,000.  Actually a great price for the area, but outside of our reach.  I wonder if they would consider half of that?  :P

As we drove around the neighborhood, we did find some houses that were more within our price range.  Each had something a bit weird about it (one bathroom, horrible decor, no garage, etc).  But this little beauty could be a viable option:

I can't wait until our house sells so that we can actually start looking for real.  For now, I will just spend time on Zillow and drive through the neighborhoods on the weekends :)

1 comment:

spaghetti0625 said...

I love going to open houses. It helps figure out what you want and need, and what areas you will be interested in when the time comes to buy. It also gives ideas on your OWN decor in your house now :)